Hy-Vee West Meeting Room
3 August 2016
Attending: Stasi, William, Juliana, Jutte, Sifrid, Sofya, Gobban and Gwynhwyvar


Chatelaine:
We survived National Night Out. Had a couple tempting prospects, so we'll see.
Finna Hauksdottir and her husband, from An Tir, are moving to the area and hoping to get to our event. (Lots of office experience, fiber arts, cooking, archery, leatherworking are areas of interest.)

Exchequer:
not present

Fighter Marshal:
not present

Archery Marshal:
We have bows and arrows and a butt. We've acquired some children's bows and we vote to let William get matching arrows as necessary.

Chronicler:
We have a newsletter!
He's having trouble communicating with his Kingdom superior about newsletter issues, and getting the flyer into the Mews.

A&S:
Meeting this month will be event prep, bring Stone Soup donations. September meeting TBD.

Herald:
Nothing new.

Web Minister:
Domain renewal done for 3 years for $48.51 (was due by August 15th - $15.99/yr)
While doing that, saw that the hosting was due for renewal also, $84.21/yr. Took the liberty of doing a 3-year renewal for that, too, while in the process - $252.64.
BUT a week later at CalonCon Webminister's meeting, informed that the Kingdom has free server space for group web pages. So I can see if we can cancel the hosting renewal and get a refund and switch to the Kingdom hosting. If we did that, we could keep our same domain and have it forward to the new server, or switch to heraldshill.calontir.org. Consensus

Shire Google calendar ID: lhncpfl1s606bs52qhn22pgbt4@group.calendar.google.com
Unofficial Calontir Google calendar ID: Calendar ID: 58kvund2c5kj43duhkh2hlf948@group.calendar.google.com


MOY
Juliana puts her name out there to get background checked to take on the additional office. She's been researching Funnoodle activities and has a new set of light-up bocce balls.

Upcoming Events:

St. Augustine's Fair 2016: "It's all about the food"
August 19-21, contract and deposit already done (William given the copy).
Event Steward - William looking for a co-autocrat, got the Equestrian Insurance done
Troll - Anna on Saturday, Gwynhwyvar later on Friday night. Stasi to pick up the Troll box.
Silent Auction to be run by Jutte. Will have cardboard flats for the auction lots.
Feast tokens to be beaded rings, dragon's tear gems for site tokens.

Chronicler will beg and plead to get a flyer into the Mews.
Event website linked to kingdom calendar, minor error in spelling being corrected.

Feast Steward - Gida, every course a different country. Amy and Mary Rose helpers.
We need a Hall Steward - Sheri vs. Gwynhwyvar?
We had previously approved the tentative purchase plan for new feast gear for Gida and Stasi to complete and tweak as necessary.
Innkeeper - Stasi
Friday Night Stonesoup/Potluck - Stasi to coordinate and cook in the feast hall. Bring contributions to the A&S meeting.
Firepit - Jutte will bring hers and put it by the Harp.

Gobban has arranged bales (put them in the caged fighting arena), but needs help with transportation. Jutte will help with that.
Zacharia Lochrie will Fighter MIC as long as we make sure we save two seats for feast.
Archery - Gobban MIC, Juliana thrown weapons, William doing children's shoot at noon
Kaie requested new stands for the Saracen Heads. We voted at the last meeting to authorize supplies for William makes some up. He's still working on it.

A&S Competitions. Marzipan Subtleties competition sponsored by Juliana (populace choice, Sofya to bring the flower pot bottoms and dragon's tears). "The Food of my People" sponsored by Sofya (Mistress Kateryn to help with judging with Kingdom Criteria). Brewing Competition.
May just have a demo/solar area instead of A&S Classes
Merchants - John = the looms/heddles, etc. merchant?, 24 x 24 tent, also Chasing Squirrels

We're not going to get a dumpster this year, so that will save some expense.
Port-a-potties are arranged.

Vincent just wants the same as we did for him last year - planning a couple of bags of ice.
Esther doing Health and Welfare.
No Youth activities because Izzy can't come. We'll have Juliana at least help with coordinating the Children's Consort Tourney as her test for being MoY.

Construction on the new event center has really torn things up in the middle of the campground area. So we agree to look into the old boy scout camp (now the Floyd County Tosanak Recreation Area) for future events. Jutte to do that before we need to make the reservation for the fairgrounds for next year.
Will have to see if they want to increase our rental rate, or exclude us from using that building and reserve the right to rent it to someone else or other annoying issues. William will give the deposit for next year, with the remainder of this years payment to stake our claim.

Fiber Symposium:
November 12th. Lunch only. There is a Facebook page for the event now.
No dedicated lunch hour, so we want to make sure the menu is easily portable.
Stasi will be our Point of Contact (code for, Inn Steward).
Stasi passes around photos of the kitchen facilities - very nice.
Runzas (Juliana with a "runza assembly party" at some point)
Cock-a-leek-y soup (Gida, with vegetarian option) in bread balls and beef stew.
Jutte in charge of bread bowls - little cup-sized balls.
William to make bread for the cold plate
Cheeses, hardboiled eggs
Seasonal fruit
Potluck Desert: gingerbread, shrewsberry cakes, animal crackers with frosting, etc. Vincent requests cookies, bars and chocolate.
Beverage: water, coffee, Vincent's root beer, hot cider (with penzies mulling spice)
Ziplock bags for leftovers.